- Service is payable upon the completion of each treatment.
- The cost of treatments does not include herb prescription.
- If your insurance denies payment, you will be responsible for each bill.
- Cancellation of an appointment requires 24 hours notice or the standard cost of the appointment may be applied to a missed or cancelled visit.
Welcome to my practice!
I look forward to serving you and building a collaborative relationship that will benefit you now and for many years to come.
I rely heavy on a web-based system like this one to minimize the tedium and expense of paperwork, so I can focus on my patients. This system also helps us communicate more effectively and efficiently!
I would like to invite you to take a quick tour of the site to familiarize yourself with its menu structure and the resources and information that are available to you. For all first timers to the site, I like to request that you complete the followings:
- My Profile. That step provides me all the requisite information about you, how to get hold of you, insurance details, etc. This is particularly important if you plan on using insurance to cover your treatments.
- Initial Intake Form. Arguably there is not a single document that would help me get to know your health history and status as a unique human being as the Initial Intake Form (IIF). The IIF might seem boring, but it is without a doubt one of the most important forms for your medical providers. So fill it out at the comfort of your own space before we meet in person for the first time.
- Standard Process System Survey Form. This form is written by Standard Process, an organic whole foods nutrition/herbal supplier based in Wisconsin. This is an another useful form, especially if you are interested in more nutrition-based therapy. This form is optional.
Also, this site is a perpetual work in progress. If at anytime you wish to communicate with me directly, please feel free to shoot me an email or call me at 415.659.9974. I will try to get back to you as quickly as I can.
I look forward to being your trusted personal acupuncturist/herbalist and helping you meet your health goals.
SH Howard Ho, MS Eng, MS TCM
California License #: AC-15703
Welcome to my practice! I am dedicated to helping you feel better, healthier, and happier.
Acupuncture and herbal medicine are World Health Organization (WHO) recognized modalities to have helped millions of people attain better health around the world. If you have been struggling with injuries, illnesses, allergies, or pains that have not improved with conventional medicines, it is time to check out how acupuncture and herbal medicine can make the difference for you!
As a patient, I have first-hand experience of the healing powers of acupuncture and herbal medicine. As a practitioner, I relentlessly seek out ways that would bring the most benefits to my patients by integrating knowledge and practices from different cultures and disciplines.
To find out how acupuncture and herbal medicine can help you, contact me. I would be happy to discuss how I can make a difference for you.
I hereby request and consent to the performance of procedures on me (or on the patient named below, whom I am legally responsible for). These procedures are within the scope of practice of oriental medicine including, but not limited to, history-taking, orthopedic and neurological testing, acupuncture, electroacupuncture, indirect moxibustion, warm needle moxibustion, cupping, herbal prescriptions, and nutritional counseling, by SH Howard Ho, LAc and/or other licensed acupuncturists who now or in the future serve as back-up for SH Howard Ho, including those working at his clinic or office or any other office or clinic, whether signatories to this form or not.
I understand and am informed that in the practice of acupuncture there are some risks to treatment, including, but not limited to, bruising, tingling or soreness near the needling sites that may last a few days. There have been instances reported of fainting, infections and scarring. There have also been instances reported of spontaneous miscarriage and pneumothorax. I understand that some herbs and acupuncture points may be inappropriate during pregnancy and I will inform the acupuncturist of any possibility that I might be pregnant. I will notify the acupuncturist if I take steroids or anti-coagulants or if I have an implanted pacemaker or a prosthetic heart valve. If I experience any gastrointestinal upset or apparent allergic reactions to an herbal prescription, I will stop taking the herbs and inform the acupuncturist.
I do not expect the acupuncturist to be able to anticipate and explain all possible risks and complications, and I wish to rely on the acupuncturist to exercise judgment during the course of treatment which the acupuncturist thinks at the time, based upon the facts then known, is in my best interest.
In Summary, I understand:
- Acupuncture and the Related Modalities can be therapeutic, relaxing and reduce muscular tension, it is not a substitute for biomedical examination, diagnosis and treatment. I will immediately inform the practitioner if I experience any pain or discomfort during the session so that the treatment may be adjusted to my level of comfort.
- Acupuncture and the Related Modalities should not be done with certain medical conditions and I affirm that I have answered all questions pertaining to medical conditions and history truthfully.
- It is my responsibility to notify the Acupuncturist of any medical, billing or address changes.
- I am free to withdraw my consent and discontinue treatment at any time.
- Neither Meridian Acupuncture & Herb Clinic nor the Acupuncturist guarantee treatment results. The Acupuncturist will explain treatment provided and will answer any questions I may have.
I have read the above and hereby give consent to Shih Hao Howard Ho, LAc., to proceed with treatment.