Rates and Payment Policy
|Duration||Cost/Session (Out-of-Pocket)*||Cost/Session (Insurance)*|
|Pre-Treatment Consultation||15 min||$0||$0|
|First Appointment||55 min||$75||$75|
All out-of-pocket payments are due upon completion of the session.
I accept cash, PayPal, Venmo, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover card.
A special note about using Insurance
Please note that in order to keep the price as low as possible, I will NOT do any insurance filing for the patients. It is thus the patient's responsibilities to file for insurance reimbursement.
Generally, if you have Kaiser/Aetna/United/Cigna or other non-PPO plans, you just need to find an acupuncturist who is on the ASH network. I am a in-network provider for BlueShield PPO, but not anything else. If you work for a corporation, most likely you will have a PPO plan, which generally:
- has a combined deductible for medical massage, acupuncture, and chiropractic services; or one combined master deductible with other medical expenses
- requires patients to be responsible for all expenses until the deductible is met
- once the deductible is met, covers about >80% of costs and the patients are responsible for remaining portions
- has a limit on the amount of payouts and the number of treatments, and it's common to cover 10 acupuncture sessions
- you can choose to work with a practitioner who is in-network (usually higher reimbursement rate) or out-of-network, and this flexibility is the beauty of a PPO plan
It is the patient's responsibility to understand the insurance coverage. Practitioners like us really want to help patients to reach their health goals, however, in reality, in order to verify a patient's eligibility, we have to call the insurance providers and that's commonly a 30 minute hold on the phone. And there is the additional question of whether you have met your deductible or not...
You are paying me for medical service, not clerical work. I thank you for your understanding and support. :)